Last summer when I was visiting my boyfriend at his place, his friend made peanut butter cups and we got to have some. She mentioned that she got the recipe from Zoom, which was one of my favorite PBS shows around this area, I loved it!
The peanut butter cups were actually pretty dang good, so I hunted down the recipe online and thought I would share it with you all. I plan to make them myself when I get home again.
Continue on to read the recipe and try them out for yourself.
Peanut Butter Cups
Here’s what you will need to make it:
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- mini muffin tin lined with muffin wrappers
- microwave-safe bowl
Here’s what you have to do:
1. Check with a grown-up before you start this.
2. Melt 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl for one minute. Remember, no metal in the microwave. Stop the microwave every 15 seconds to stir the chocolate around.
3. Spoon a little chocolate onto the bottom of each muffin cup.
4. Spoon some peanut butter into each of the baking cups.
5. Now, top them each off with some more of the melted chocolate.
6. Put them in the refrigerator until they’ve hardened.
7. You’ve now made homemade Peanut Butter Cups.
~ Peanut Butter Cup Recipe © PBS Zoom
Let me know if you give this recipe a try.