I actually only made a half batch this first time, as I had never made the recipe before. I’m curious to try it with different cake batter flavors, and perhaps with substituting cocoa powder for some of the powdered sugar in a chocolate cake mix to see how that would turn out. Experimenting out be fun! Yum!
Continue on for the recipe!
Cake Batter Fudge
2 cups yellow cake mix
2 cups powdered sugar
½ cup butter, cut into small squares
½ cup milk
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, mix the cake mix and powdered sugar. Then add the butter squares and milk, but don’t stir.
2. Place the bowl in the microwave for 3 minutes. Immediately stir until all the ingredients are combined.
3. If batter is a little runny, add in 3-4 tsp. powdered sugar and 3-4 tsp. cake mix and stir. Continue to add in teaspoons of powdered sugar and cake mix until the batter is stiff.
4. Mix in sprinkles if desired, but do not overmix them.
5. Spread into greased 9″x9″ pan. Place in the freezer for 1-2 hours.
6. Take it out of the freezer and cut it into squares. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
I cannot remember where I got this recipe, but it isn’t mine! I’ll have to figure it out and report bag. I’d like to credit whoever it is!
Edit: I’m not sure if this is where I got the recipe or not, but this is the same recipe, just different portions. I found that recipe with detailed step-by-step pictures at Baked From a Box.